Mission Statement - De-Spinning the Pro-Taser Propaganda

Yeah right, 'Excited Delirium' my ass...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The primary purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my observations and analysis about tasers, taser "associated" deaths, and the behaviour exhibited by the management, employees and minions of Taser International. In general, everything is linked back to external sources, often via previous posts on the same topic, so that readers can fact-check to their heart's content. This blog was started in late-2007 when Canadians were enraged by the taser death of Robert Dziekanski and four others in a short three month period. The cocky attitude exhibited by the Taser International spokespuppet, and his preposterous proposal that Mr. Dziekanski coincidentally died of "excited delirium" at the time of his taser-death, led me to choose the blog name I did and provides my motivation. I have zero financial ties to this issue.



Saturday, January 5, 2008

Criminal Code of Canada - on 'torture' (cut & paste)

Torture

269.1 (1) Every official, or every person acting at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of an official, who inflicts torture on any other person is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years.

Definitions

(2) For the purposes of this section, "official"
«fonctionnaire »

"official" means

(a) a peace officer,

(b) a public officer,

(c) a member of the Canadian Forces, or

(d) any person who may exercise powers, pursuant to a law in force in a foreign state, that would, in Canada, be exercised by a person referred to in paragraph (a), (b), or (c),

whether the person exercises powers in Canada or outside Canada;

"torture"
«torture »

"torture" means any act or omission by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person

(a) for a purpose including

(i) obtaining from the person or from a third person information or a statement,

(ii) punishing the person for an act that the person or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, and

(iii) intimidating or coercing the person or a third person, or

(b) for any reason based on discrimination of any kind,

but does not include any act or omission arising only from, inherent in or incidental to lawful sanctions.

No defence

(3) It is no defence to a charge under this section that the accused was ordered by a superior or a public authority to perform the act or omission that forms the subject-matter of the charge or that the act or omission is alleged to have been justified by exceptional circumstances, including a state of war, a threat of war, internal political instability or any other public emergency.

Evidence

(4) In any proceedings over which Parliament has jurisdiction, any statement obtained as a result of the commission of an offence under this section is inadmissible in evidence, except as evidence that the statement was so obtained.

R.S., 1985, c. 10 (3rd Supp.), s. 2.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a “Beta Test Victim” with 17 sst. screws in his leg and pelvis who was Tased after trying to tell a cop about them while in HANDCUFFS. I guess failed effort at shooting the barbs into my coat, a blast to my hip to knock me BACK onto the ground (I was only up off the ground because I was ordered to do so or be Tased...only to find I could not win here I was getting Tased no matter what I did) three drive stun applications in the groin against 10 of the screws and 2 metal plates is fair to consider TORTURE and unreasonable punishment. But well, that wasn't quite enough. Even though I was a slobbering, crying, and whining pile of pain on the ground with my rectum, leg and groin muscles locked up, and trying anything to keep the cop away from me I was somehow enough of a threat to need a good shot to the middle of my back for God knows how long. Long enough to leave a nice burn mark I through two winter coats and a t-shirt. But, just ask the cops...it's all my imagination. Well, this link here shows just what they are up against and why they want to make this "case" go away. You can't do that crap to people!! Especially if a officer has knowledge of a previous injury, as in my case. See they have WARNINGS in the Law Enforcement Taser Product Warning guide about usage on people with pre-existing injuries and the potential re-injury to these subjects. I have been in pain now from this for over 14 months. Kind of hard to convince me it didn't happen when I wake up at night with my balls sore. After reading this article I can only feel like the actions to cover up this event makes the cops and "lawyer folks" involved not only guilty of illegal assault but also of stealing money right out of my pocket. Just my opinion of course.

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?s=7140453