Mission Statement - De-Spinning the Pro-Taser Propaganda

Yeah right, 'Excited Delirium' my ass...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The primary purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my observations and analysis about tasers, taser "associated" deaths, and the behaviour exhibited by the management, employees and minions of Taser International. In general, everything is linked back to external sources, often via previous posts on the same topic, so that readers can fact-check to their heart's content. This blog was started in late-2007 when Canadians were enraged by the taser death of Robert Dziekanski and four others in a short three month period. The cocky attitude exhibited by the Taser International spokespuppet, and his preposterous proposal that Mr. Dziekanski coincidentally died of "excited delirium" at the time of his taser-death, led me to choose the blog name I did and provides my motivation. I have zero financial ties to this issue.



Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"just a tool...", along with jack-boots

Witnesses told the Tribune-Review that Thomas had been shackled with Taser wires pocking his body. They said Thomas was facedown on the pavement and subjected to punches and kicks from four or five officers. "I can't sleep now. Shook up. I feel I have to watch my back and my family's back," said Rose Adams, 51, who witnessed the fracas from a house on Hawthorne Street. ... Adams said she saw five officers -- four men and one woman -- standing around Thomas. First, a tall officer "buried it in his back, just stomped him," she said. Another officer with short-cropped hair then "whomped between his shoulder and back." Then a bald, heavy-set officer "reared back, like you're throwing a ball" and punched Thomas in the head. "He hit so hard that it looked like he hurt his fist or wrist. I seen the body jump and then (Thomas) vomited, his leg jumping. It was disgusting. It was unhumanitarian," said Adams. [LINK]

FBI opens investigation [LINK]

No comments: