Taser International would claim that the taser has a statistically-huge 15-to-1 safety margin and therefore couldn't possibly have anything to do with the death. Too bad they're wrong. Now they're up to their neck in serious legal doo-doo.
At the above-linked webpage I noticed a box titled "Related Stories":
- N.Y. man shot with Taser by deputy dies
- Mental patient dies after Taser shock
- Police: Officer on leave after Taser use
- Deputy gets probation for drunken Tasering
- Appeals court ruling curbs use of Tasers
- Officer fired for misuse of Taser
- Man Tasered by police dies
- Mounties said too hasty in stun gun death
- Arkansas police stun 10-year-old girl
- Tennessee man dies after Taser arrest
- Police Taser 19-year-old man, who dies
- Man dies after being hit by police Taser
Geesh, this sort of press makes Genghis Khan and Hitler look like 'Public Relations' success stories.