Mission Statement - De-Spinning the Pro-Taser Propaganda

Yeah right, 'Excited Delirium' my ass...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The primary purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my observations and analysis about tasers, taser "associated" deaths, and the behaviour exhibited by the management, employees and minions of Taser International. In general, everything is linked back to external sources, often via previous posts on the same topic, so that readers can fact-check to their heart's content. This blog was started in late-2007 when Canadians were enraged by the taser death of Robert Dziekanski and four others in a short three month period. The cocky attitude exhibited by the Taser International spokespuppet, and his preposterous proposal that Mr. Dziekanski coincidentally died of "excited delirium" at the time of his taser-death, led me to choose the blog name I did and provides my motivation. I have zero financial ties to this issue.



Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Lakeside Leader - a great article...

If you only read one article this week about tasers, then this should be the one.

Link= Lakeside Leader

This article manages to cover both sides of the taser story without being the slightest bit extremist in either direction.

The article ends with a question: If tasers don't kill people, then who does?

That's been discussed in some detail below...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just thought I'd say thanks for the excellent site here. Very nice and very informative compilation of facts.

I've read the note on how you became interested in Taser abuse. I think it's great that you didn't have to be Tased or have a loved one die to WAKE up. Far too many people just don't get the picture. The folks painting the scene are very good at hiding the issue in a jumble of crap. People like yourself are far too few and not nearly vocal enough at this time. This fact, I believe will change in time. With someone like yourself actually speaking out about the issue with the FACTS, we may have a chance at stopping the abuse and killing of innocent people such as myself.

For the life of me I've been trying to figure out how the cops think telling me they didn't Tase me in the groin while in handcuffs is going to make things "ok". Somehow the aching in my groin for over 14 months now is a bit more convincing than the crap they are selling.

Thanks again to the site admin!!