Mission Statement - De-Spinning the Pro-Taser Propaganda

Yeah right, 'Excited Delirium' my ass...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The primary purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my observations and analysis about tasers, taser "associated" deaths, and the behaviour exhibited by the management, employees and minions of Taser International. In general, everything is linked back to external sources, often via previous posts on the same topic, so that readers can fact-check to their heart's content. This blog was started in late-2007 when Canadians were enraged by the taser death of Robert Dziekanski and four others in a short three month period. The cocky attitude exhibited by the Taser International spokespuppet, and his preposterous proposal that Mr. Dziekanski coincidentally died of "excited delirium" at the time of his taser-death, led me to choose the blog name I did and provides my motivation. I have zero financial ties to this issue.



Thursday, April 17, 2008

Trend... is there a problem?

'Truth ... Not Tasers' data [LINK], graphed month-by-month (data for April 2008 is excluded since the month is incomplete). Click image for larger version.

The self-evident increase post-2003 visible in this data (almost a step function) may have many contributing factors. I'll let the readers draw their own conclusions as to what these factors might be.

Update: Here is the basically same graph but with an added 6-month running average. Click to view full-size image.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'd love to pull Taser Intl's quarterly reports for the period and match their sales to your graph. Actually, I'm surprised there wasn't a detectable drop when the X26 came on the market, because it should be a less dangerous weapon. However they continue to sell the older, cheaper model. I was shocked that the RCMP were only getting money to upgrade to X26 models in Manitoba and Saskatchewan last fall.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate,

I'm wondering why you say that the X26, introduced in May 2003, should be less dangerous than the older M26.

Perhaps it is, but there are several parameters that are clearly more dangerous as I've already describe in some detail in the blog.

E-D