Mission Statement - De-Spinning the Pro-Taser Propaganda

Yeah right, 'Excited Delirium' my ass...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The primary purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my observations and analysis about tasers, taser "associated" deaths, and the behaviour exhibited by the management, employees and minions of Taser International. In general, everything is linked back to external sources, often via previous posts on the same topic, so that readers can fact-check to their heart's content. This blog was started in late-2007 when Canadians were enraged by the taser death of Robert Dziekanski and four others in a short three month period. The cocky attitude exhibited by the Taser International spokespuppet, and his preposterous proposal that Mr. Dziekanski coincidentally died of "excited delirium" at the time of his taser-death, led me to choose the blog name I did and provides my motivation. I have zero financial ties to this issue.



Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome new readers

This blog is structured by date (latest post at top). But it covers a wide range of topics over many months. The right hand column includes a section with links to some important early posts, and at the very bottom of the right hand column is an expandable index (you can browse the entire blog there). There is an Older Posts link at the bottom of each webpage. The entire blog spans about 7 or 8 of these 50-post webpages.

Many of the later posts are follow-ups to, or relate to, previous posts and therefore contain links back to those earlier posts. The reason for these back-links is to capture the previous information and thereby provide (indirectly) links to external sources. I've linked as much as I can to my information sources.

I believe we are now up to about 375 posts. If I had to choose one post as the most important, I'd go with this one: [LINK] But there have been many very important posts.

My goal and motivation is quite simple. After the spate of taser-associated deaths in Canada in late-2007 (four in two months), I was - like most Canadians - extremely outraged. In following the news, I started to see propaganda coming from Taser and (exactly the same propaganda) coming from the Canadian police officials. Much of this propaganda wasn't very clever and I could spot the logical flaws almost instantly. I needed an outlet to air my views. So I grabbed a blog and registered a URL. Then I started blogging. I have no financial interest in this matter. I've been very tempted to purchase some Long Puts on TASR (betting against their stock), because I could have made a small fortune if I had done so (and the opportunity remains). But to keep clear, I have no money invested in this issue in any way, shape or form. I'm strictly motivated by my outrage, and my abilities to spot and expose propaganda.

No comments: