Mission Statement - De-Spinning the Pro-Taser Propaganda

Yeah right, 'Excited Delirium' my ass...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The primary purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my observations and analysis about tasers, taser "associated" deaths, and the behaviour exhibited by the management, employees and minions of Taser International. In general, everything is linked back to external sources, often via previous posts on the same topic, so that readers can fact-check to their heart's content. This blog was started in late-2007 when Canadians were enraged by the taser death of Robert Dziekanski and four others in a short three month period. The cocky attitude exhibited by the Taser International spokespuppet, and his preposterous proposal that Mr. Dziekanski coincidentally died of "excited delirium" at the time of his taser-death, led me to choose the blog name I did and provides my motivation. I have zero financial ties to this issue.



Saturday, January 24, 2009

Welcome to the REAL world

First study to test real-world effects of stun gun use raises questions about safety

See [LINK] and the Truth...Not Tasers blog [LINK].

I told you that 2009 would be 'an interesting year' (in the Ancient Chinese Curse sense) for Taser.


I'm not sure if it's really the very "first" study regarding these questions. Look at this post [LINK] for my 30-minute 'study' (I know, I know...) about what happened in Canada during late 2007. This was the period when the Canadian police eventually figured out that the public was totally outraged that they had killed Mr. Dziekanski with the taser, and the police were forced to scale-back their real-world taser spree. Once they stopped being associated with so many people dying-while-tasered (four in two months), it was as if peace broke out (from the viewpoint of either side).

My duh-obvious conclusion at the time was that tasers appeared to associated with people dying. And when the tasers were (more) holstered during the first half of 2008, nothing bad happened. Even the police were safer it turns out. Facts are facts.

But perhaps it was all just a strange coincidence...

No comments: