Mission Statement - De-Spinning the Pro-Taser Propaganda

Yeah right, 'Excited Delirium' my ass...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The primary purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my observations and analysis about tasers, taser "associated" deaths, and the behaviour exhibited by the management, employees and minions of Taser International. In general, everything is linked back to external sources, often via previous posts on the same topic, so that readers can fact-check to their heart's content. This blog was started in late-2007 when Canadians were enraged by the taser death of Robert Dziekanski and four others in a short three month period. The cocky attitude exhibited by the Taser International spokespuppet, and his preposterous proposal that Mr. Dziekanski coincidentally died of "excited delirium" at the time of his taser-death, led me to choose the blog name I did and provides my motivation. I have zero financial ties to this issue.



Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"Taser use in the U.S. a serious problem"

Salem-News is on the case. [LINK]

You don't want Salem-News on your case...

Amusingly, they were contacted by Taser International's spokespuppet Mr. Tuttle. I don't hear from Taser International, even when I practically beg them to provide a simple, logical rebuttal to any of my arguments.

Such as the 2008 Taser Glowing Cigarette Challange where I asked them, or anyone, to explain the difference between using a taser in Touch Torture mode versus simply using the glowing end of a lit cigarette. What's the difference?, I asked. There's no good answer being offered.

Or the taser's "Curious Temporal Asymmetry". Until otherwise advised, I'm going to assume that this may well be the simplest and most devastating antidote for the Tasers-R-Safe brainwashing ever found. Although Prof. Savard's plot showing a linear relationship between taser exposure and risk of death is pretty clear evidence of a causality connection too.

I interpret their silence to be a tacit admission that they have been nailed down and they're silent because they have no rebuttal.

2009 just had that feeling that the time was ripe for things to get 'interesting' for Taser International, specifically with respect to their claims of the taser's inherent risk of death with respect to internal risk factors such as cardiac. With the Braidwood Inquiry, it's already a good year. And I have feeling that there will be at least one more interesting event before the year is out. Just a gut feeling.

No comments: