Mission Statement - De-Spinning the Pro-Taser Propaganda

Yeah right, 'Excited Delirium' my ass...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The primary purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my observations and analysis about tasers, taser "associated" deaths, and the behaviour exhibited by the management, employees and minions of Taser International. In general, everything is linked back to external sources, often via previous posts on the same topic, so that readers can fact-check to their heart's content. This blog was started in late-2007 when Canadians were enraged by the taser death of Robert Dziekanski and four others in a short three month period. The cocky attitude exhibited by the Taser International spokespuppet, and his preposterous proposal that Mr. Dziekanski coincidentally died of "excited delirium" at the time of his taser-death, led me to choose the blog name I did and provides my motivation. I have zero financial ties to this issue.



Friday, May 14, 2010

Taser International (TASR) dragged into AZ mess

The Los Angeles city council has asked all municipal employees to boycott Arizona... This boycott includes suspending all travel to Arizona by municipal employees, as well as ... city contracts with Arizona-based companies, such as Taser International (TASR). [LINK] & [LINK]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here in Michigan I am very concerned, as it seems they have made stun guns more legal for the general public to have.

Giving people the idea that a weapon is non-lethal is dangerous. Logic must dictate that the less dangerous an object is perceived to be, the more likely that it will be used carelessly, maybe even cavalierly. As a person with a minor heart defect, I am terrified that some fool is going to get mad at me over a parking spot at the mall and kill me with one of those things!
Also, it's not legal to wander around with date rape drugs, how come they want people to wander around with stun guns? The only real use for a stun gun is to incapacitate another person, thereby making that person ENTIRELY IN YOUR CONTROL! Wow, this is a scary idea to me! Has anyone else though of the notion that stun guns might be used as tools to incapacitate in order to abduct or molest another person? Egads. I'D RATHER BE SHOT WITH A GUN, THANKYOU!

Unknown said...

Stuns guns could far too easily be taken too lightly and therefore used without due consideration as to their potential lethality. As a person with a minor heart defect, I find this quite worrisome.

Here in Michigan they have made them much more legal for the general public to possess, which scares the heck out of me.

Not only do they have the potential to be used prematurely by nervous persons, but they also have a great deal of potential for abuse in abduction and/or sexual assault.

How much difference is there, really, between drugging someone with a date rape drug vs being stunned? One's more rapid, and less easily defended against. At least if I'm out in public, I have a chance not to leave my drink unattended!