Mission Statement - De-Spinning the Pro-Taser Propaganda

Yeah right, 'Excited Delirium' my ass...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The primary purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my observations and analysis about tasers, taser "associated" deaths, and the behaviour exhibited by the management, employees and minions of Taser International. In general, everything is linked back to external sources, often via previous posts on the same topic, so that readers can fact-check to their heart's content. This blog was started in late-2007 when Canadians were enraged by the taser death of Robert Dziekanski and four others in a short three month period. The cocky attitude exhibited by the Taser International spokespuppet, and his preposterous proposal that Mr. Dziekanski coincidentally died of "excited delirium" at the time of his taser-death, led me to choose the blog name I did and provides my motivation. I have zero financial ties to this issue.



Friday, May 14, 2010

Taser Quote of the Week: "Some cops..."

Tony Hicks: Don't tase me bro, but let me watch...

... Some cops in these [video] clips seem to have their taser out somewhere between "Can I see your..." and "...driver's license please?"   Nobody said being a cop was easy. But with great taser power comes great taser responsibility. And, sometimes, great taser comedy, and this will continue until someone's head explodes on YouTube [*]. And even that might not end the fun. Although useful in circumstances when an officer needs to establish control (which doesn't mean when I won't answer, for the 47th time, why I think I was pulled over), it's fairly obvious that for a few cops, getting a taser is the equivalent of a 9-year-old Star Trek fan getting his hands on a real-life phaser. [LINK]

* See [LINK].


I believe it's well documented that the Smith-4-brains children-of-the-corn were inspired, in part, by the science fiction TV show Star Trek. I'm sure I've read about that, and more than once if I recall correctly.

Too bad the switch on their little phaser keeps randomly wobbling between being 'set on stun' and being 'set to kill'.

...not to mention being sometimes 'set to ineffective'...

No comments: