Yao Wei Wu was dragged out of his east Vancouver home in January and severely beaten by two undercover officers who were responding to a domestic assault call but went to the wrong address.
The Delta Police department was called in to conduct an investigation independent (sic) of the Vancouver police, and their conclusion is that the officers are not guilty of any wrongdoing.[LINK]
Laundry list of errors:
1) Sending "undercover" police to knock on a man's door at 2am. Stupid.
2) Going to the wrong fricken door. Really stupid.
3) Failing to exercise appropriate caution given unreliable info. Stupid.
4) Making and acting on single-thought assumptions. Unsmart.
5) Unnecessary roughness. Dangerous.
I think it's pretty obvious what's really going on here.