Mission Statement - De-Spinning the Pro-Taser Propaganda

Yeah right, 'Excited Delirium' my ass...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The primary purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my observations and analysis about tasers, taser "associated" deaths, and the behaviour exhibited by the management, employees and minions of Taser International. In general, everything is linked back to external sources, often via previous posts on the same topic, so that readers can fact-check to their heart's content. This blog was started in late-2007 when Canadians were enraged by the taser death of Robert Dziekanski and four others in a short three month period. The cocky attitude exhibited by the Taser International spokespuppet, and his preposterous proposal that Mr. Dziekanski coincidentally died of "excited delirium" at the time of his taser-death, led me to choose the blog name I did and provides my motivation. I have zero financial ties to this issue.



Sunday, July 13, 2008

"...the low power taser..."

I've noticed this phrase "...the low power taser..." being used by many of the pro-taser minions and spokespuppets. The words 'low power' always struck me as odd. Why do these people quote supposed evidence to support their argument and then slip-in the extra words 'low power' ?

Apparently, the 'low power' tasers are the older models that predate the M26 (introduced in 1999) and the X26 (introduced in 2003). The M26 and X26 are the "high power" tasers. I don't speak for other taser critics, but the only tasers that I'm concerned with are the M26 and especially the X26.

So if you are reading an argument from a pro-taser spokespuppet, and they slip the words 'low power' into their argument, then you know that their evidence is hopelessly obsolete and has nothing to do with the debate about the high power M26 and X26 tasers.

I suspect that this is not an innocent mistake on their part...

No comments: