Mission Statement - De-Spinning the Pro-Taser Propaganda

Yeah right, 'Excited Delirium' my ass...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The primary purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my observations and analysis about tasers, taser "associated" deaths, and the behaviour exhibited by the management, employees and minions of Taser International. In general, everything is linked back to external sources, often via previous posts on the same topic, so that readers can fact-check to their heart's content. This blog was started in late-2007 when Canadians were enraged by the taser death of Robert Dziekanski and four others in a short three month period. The cocky attitude exhibited by the Taser International spokespuppet, and his preposterous proposal that Mr. Dziekanski coincidentally died of "excited delirium" at the time of his taser-death, led me to choose the blog name I did and provides my motivation. I have zero financial ties to this issue.



Monday, October 5, 2009

Blog hit of the week...

1. Woodbury, Connecticut arrived from Google searching for "how do I volunteer to be tased"
2. Woodbury, Connecticut left via "Braidwood concluded that tasers can kill"

I wonder if he continued his quest to be tasered?

4 comments:

Critical Mass said...

Speaking of "Blogs", this little bit of news from the Federal Trade Commission in the US may just affect those other "excited delirium" web-sites:

"FTC: Bloggers must disclose payments for reviews

(AP) – 22 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA — The Federal Trade Commission will require bloggers to clearly disclose any freebies or payments they get from companies for reviewing their products.

It is the first time since 1980 that the commission has revised its guidelines on endorsements and testimonials, and the first time the rules have covered bloggers.

But the commission stopped short Monday of specifying how bloggers must disclose any conflicts of interest.

The FTC said its commissioners voted 4-0 to approve the final guidelines, which had been expected. Penalties include up to $11,000 in fines per violation.

The rules take effect Dec. 1.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved."

Let's see if all the "Excited Delirium" messengers will admit whom they are being paid by to run their sites and Blogs.

Excited-Delirium.com said...

Speaking for myself, although I am not located Within the USA, I'm more than happy to declare that I have zero financial interest in the taser / stun-gun / excited delirium issue. Nor any related industry such as batons or pepper spray. No stock ownership, no options, no investment vehicles of any sort. Nothing... I've described my motivating factors several times.

As far as I know, the other leading bloggers on the taser-death issue are similarly driven by equally pure motivation.

Critical Mass said...

In a past series of blog entries, you detailed the registration of several "excited delirium" web-sites and loosely or directly traced their ownership to either Taser International or its representatives, both paid and sympathetic to promoting the notion of "excited delirium" as a valid medical condition. My reason for citing the new FTC rule on disclosure was not to question your efforts or those of P. Gilman, but to alert you that the registrants of those other "excited delirium" web presences may soon have to disclose their financial backers, if any, and the source of funds for any promotion or reviews of stun devices.

I was not suggesting that you are in any conflict, financial or otherwise. In fact, I think you exemplify the good use of blogs to explore and report on controversial issues facing our societies.

Excited-Delirium.com said...

Yes, I realized your intent. I just wanted to be proactive in re-stating my motivation as an angry Canadian blogger. US FTC investigators may contact by email if they wish to confirm anything about this blog. I'm 'Pure as the driven snow' and willing to confirm that fact with any interested and appropriate authorities.